The Government’s PE and Sports Premium Grant is designed to raise the profile of sports and healthy lifestyles for pupils, creating a legacy in schools.
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
Ofsted will be assessing and reporting on how effectively this funding is being used to improve PE and sport provision when making a judgement on the quality of the school’s Leadership and Management. Schools are free to determine how to best use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels of which they are able.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. increased participation in competitive sport
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.